Friday, July 18, 2008

School Starts!



Hello! We are in a year round school district so yesterday, July 17th, was my kids' first day of school. And my brother's birthday, HAPPY 23rd (hee hee, if he WERE 23, I'd only be 28 which works fine for me) KEVIN!

Teagan and Kammy were both so excited, and because neither one of them have the tiniest bit of shyness in them, it was an easy day. I didn't even cry ... which makes me feel a little guilty, because I bawled my eyes out on Teagan's first day (and second, too). I promise, I love Kamryn just as much but I am very much looking forward to two mornings a week to myself! Here are a couple cute pictures of them getting ready for school.

Although, I didn't get to stamp while they were at school, I did get to go to the grocery store by myself. I spent the most of the morning at the school so it was a rushed trip and very crowded so I can't say I enjoyed myself but its done. And that also means I can get back on Weight Watchers 100% -- the last two weekends at weddings and traveling and then coming back to Old Mother Hubbard's empty cupboards has been rough!! Today is a new day :)

I have been stamping and being creative a lot in the evenings, though! Here are some samples of what I have been up to:

The top cards are made with the new punch I got 50% off at For All Seasons and a hostess set I didn't think I liked. Check out A Little Bit of Happiness in the current Idea Book. I got it in my last order because I already own all the other level 1 hostess sets -- I didn't think I'd love it but as soon as I saw it these cards popped into my head. I think I might bundle them for a gift.







My friend Cheryl is about to have her second baby and called me yesterday with some labor related questions because she just wasn't sure if she was IN labor or not. So, to be prepared I made this card for her. She isn't sure if its a boy or girl so I tried to make it neutral.


And Tim's Grandfather is turning 90 next week. He's never met our children so we wanted to send him some pictures along with a birthday greeting. This card opens up like a gate and has two side pockets where you can tuck pictures or notes.





And my Godson, Daniel's birthday is also in July. I am still working on getting his present together but the card is made. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sock monkeys and have had one of my own since I was 6 months old. He went everywhere with me, including college, grad school, and to the hospital when both my kids were born! So, this is an ode to "Honkey". He was a little time consuming because I paper peiced a lot of him but in the end it was well worth the effort. I can see my using this set A LOT. My friends and family might sick of seeing him ;)


I have also done some scrapbook organizing -- have finally titled and journaled on some of the pages that I have recently done and got them in the appropriate albums. YEA! I was up until 11:15pm -- very late for me -- doing that.

Be Creative Today!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooo I love your "Cute" card! I wish I had gotten that set when it was available, but did I? Nooooooo. argh. :)

Cris A said...

Very cute cards! I have a special request....could you possibly post a close up picture of one of the top cards. I can't enlarge it and they look super cute.

Jean said...

I made a card with pockets and the recipient didn't realize they were there! You might want to include a note that mentions the photos tucked in the card pockets.

Stephanie said...

Love your cards, and you have cute cute kids... Year Round School??? A mother's dream!

craft mad Jenny said...

these are all so nice, I have that punch, but have never managed to use it effectively - I may have to copy your idea on this one!!

Anonymous said...

Those are very nice cards and the gifts are fabulous. Everyone will love it. And, I think it is great that you will have alittle time to yourself. Whether it is stamping, shopping or just taking it easy. We have to take care of ourselves, so that we are better able to take care of our family.

Jennifer Murai said...

Your card for your grandpa is awesome. What a great idea for sending pics. TFS

kes said...

wow cute cards and cute kids, you are blessed.
kes
x

Tracy said...

What adorable cards! I love the one with the pockets! Our youngest goes to school in the fall. I'm so excited to go to the grocery store all alone like you did!

Tabitha said...

So you have been busy!

I really like all the cards you made! I especially like the card with the folders for pictures. Great gift!

Cath said...

The sock puppet card is so cool! Great job on it!

SueStampin Daly said...

Wow, year round school. Cute cards.

Unknown said...

What cute cards!!