Sunday, March 8, 2009

I am back!

Okay, so I am making a "Spring Resolution" and that is to get back to my blog :) I may have made the same resolution at the beginning of 2009, but that obviously did not work out so well. I have not been crafting as much as I would like, which is part of the absence. But I finally got some stuff done and uploaded some pictures so here goes:

I was inspired by the cute stacked canisters in the new SU! catalog. I have been storing my markers in these altered canisters but they were standing up and I worried about the ink. So, this was the perfect solution. They also save space and makes them easier to get to when I need them.



I have been meaning to make these plaques for my kiddos for awhile now. We can now hang these nifty little things and clip their artwork to them for display.



Here is an album that I made for my hubby for Valentine's Day present. We were going economical and this was a heartfelt and inexpensive gift. I found the LOVE album at Archivers (on sale) and had always wanted to try making one. It was super easy and I can almost guarantee that you will see more of these suckers on my blog in the future. Fabulous fun!



I am embarrassed to say that I did not make my kid's valentines this year. Ugh! But I couldn't let the whole holiday pass without some craftiness going on. These were quick and easy. The kids got to help with the cookies (good ol' slice and bakes) and with a quick and easy bag topper they got rave reviews from the teachers.



Thanks for looking :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimberly! I'm so happy to see you back on! I think your canisters are a great idea and very cute. The LOVE craft you made for your DH is beautiful! Have fun with your blog again, hope to see more soon!
smiles,
Deena

Anjou Krelovich said...

Welcome back! Your ideas are wonderful! I love your "LOVE" album! Hope to see more of you.

Anonymous said...

WOW, great! Loved everything you shared. Brought back memories of "baking" with my kids, using the refrigerator rolls! What did moms do before Pillsbury??? HA Ha!

I hope you post more often, I enjoyed your writing and photos.

Sandy o
www.papertransformer.com

craft mad Jenny said...

wow, these are great - great to see you back in blogland!!

Jacquel said...

Very nice projects! my fave is the book...love it! tfs!!!

Cath said...

I really think the cans are a great idea!

Bridgett Owens said...

Wow! Your canisters are super cute. The kids' clips are so fun and functional. I *heart* your album you made your husband.