Monday, April 7, 2008

Mother's Day Special




Good Morning! Here is a peek at the last of the Stationary Boxes I have made for my friend. This one is for her Mom and is made using Au Chocolat Designer Series Paper (love, love that pack) and Natural Beauty stamp set. I bought a Martha Stewart monogram set of acrylic stamps for the letter this time. It works out really nicely to use acrylic stamps for the monogram since you can see exactly where they are going to be placed. I used Fancy Frames and Frames with a Flourish stamp sets to highlight the monogram on almost all of them. Definitely needed the Stamp-a-ma-jig for this set!!
I have decided after much delibration that $12 for this set will be a Mother's Day special price. After April 30th, I will have to raise the price to $18.50 ($2 per card, $.25 per envelope and $5.00 for the box). If you add in a beaded pen I will sell them for an even $20.00 The boxes are very time consuming and because each card is an original design those are taking a while to make too! Each set is taking me close to 4 hours to complete!!
The biggest challenge about starting SeaStar Creations was setting prices for my projects. It was harder than you can probably imagine. I have also not been in a Hallmark Store for years! I did do some research ... really ... but think I might be underpricing some stuff. I feel terrible raising prices but hope everyone will understand that making each project unique for your friend or loved one is important to me. BUT I need to be able to make sure I can replenish my stash of supplies and make it worthwhile financially, too! Hope you will forgive me. This selling adventure is definitely a learning process! If I find I can whip out a certain project and that it doesn't use too many supplies, I will adjust prices downward accordingly, too!
Anyway ... hope you enjoy seeing these cards and the box as much as I enjoyed making them! They will be delivered today :) If you'd like to order anything please feel free to email me at stampinsisters@hotmail.com! I'd love to do something special for your loved ones, too!
~ Kimberly

No comments: